Sunday 23 February 2014

Rubble n Shit #2

I've been toying with the idea of blogging my old fanzines for a while, but was a little concerned about having to confront my teenage self and how much I would cringe over stuff I wrote almost 15 years ago. I never kept a diary as a kid, but in many ways opening the pages of these old zines is like opening a teenage diary, with thoughts, hopes and dreams all laid bare. They're the only document of what my best friend and I were getting up to as 17-year-olds and the bands we were obsessed with at the time.  

It was largely through reading Amanda's zine Paranoy over at Cite Something - go have a read, it's awesome - that gave me the courage to finally say 'ahh fuck it, let's all have a giggle at the teenage me'. So, here in most of its glory - I've only censored a couple of bits - is issue two of Rubble n Shit, written and compiled around 2000.

Apologies for the terrible spelling and grammar. Jeez, you wouldn't think I'd go on to study journalism...










Dog Toffee drummer Mem (second left) went on to drum for Ghost of a Thousand.

Bobby H's answer to what he'd do if he ruled the world made me howl with laughter.




This was during our King Adora stalking days, 
which went on for about two years.

Ahh, the Midgey Fest...
I was actually a teenage genius.





'Rocks like a bastard'
Obviously our favourite phrase in 2000




'why you need that special limited edition 
clear vinyl when you already have it on CD anyway...'
Some things never change.



This is my bedroom wall. 
Sometimes I can't believe the things my parents let me get away with.

2 comments:

  1. "Imtakingadump@hotmail.com" hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha yeah, I don't use that one now. Maybe I should email it to see who's using it these days...

    ReplyDelete